Grassroots to Champions Super Camp
About G2C Super Camp
An intensive week of on- and off-ice training for competitive figure skaters, Grassroots to Champions Super Camp is an experience you’ll never forget.
Limited to just 130 skaters each year, Super Camp provides a unique opportunity to learn from G2C faculty, some of the world’s best coaches.
This coming summer, Super Camp 2017 will be July 9-14 in Fort Collins Colorado. View the 2017 super-camp-flyer-2017-with-link
Meet our new Super Camp Director, Joy Wells. Joy has been a certified teacher in Texas for 28 years. She’s had 10 years experience as skating director of her own program and as a coach, was a ballet instructor and has been to every G2C Super Camp.
You can contact Joy at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To be added to the Super Camp mailing list, contact email@example.com
Register for Super Camp 2017 today!
Registration Deadlines: Early Bird Registration has been extended to April 15, 2017! Regular Camp Deadline: May 15, 2017
What Skaters Learn at Super Camp
Each year, Super Camp provides a comprehensive, full-body-and-mind training experience for young skaters with on-ice and off-ice instruction:
- strengthens performance through working on jump techniques, stroking skills, edges, and strength conditioning;
- refines artistry through dance classes, yoga instruction, and body awareness training both on and off the ice; and
- builds mental strength & sportsmanship through discussions on sports psychology, leadership, nutrition, competing, etc.
- Super Camp Group Number
Take advantage of the opportunity for optional private lessons during the week, too. You can request lessons with certain G2C coaches to hone key skills. These lessons are booked on a first-come, first-served basis, and slots fill quickly.
Get the customized assistance you need as you work with a wide range of industry experts in technical skills, the pole harness, Dartfish and cutting-edge technology, artistry and choreography, and more during the week.
G2C Super Camp Daily Schedule
A typical day at Super Camp starts at 8 AM and skaters are at the rink until 5 PM with many activities, including both on- and off-ice classes, discussions, group numbers, and private lessons, as well as a lunch break and several snack breaks in between.
Skaters are divided into different groups based on age and ability.
In the evenings, there is free time for relaxation and group-building activities with the camp counselors.
Travel & Pricing Information
Room & Board
- Day Campers stay with parents at a hotel. Lunch is the only meal included with this option. Suggested for skaters aged 7-10.
- Day Campers 2017 pricing: $1180
- 2017 day campers hotel options
- Campers’/Parents’ Host Hotel is the Hilton Fort Collins
- TEL: +1-970-482-2626
- 425 West Prospect Road, Fort Collins, Colorado, 80526
- Block Dates: Sunday, July 9, 2017-Saturday, July 15, 2017
- Block Name: Grassroots to Champions or MGC
- Block cut off date: June 9, 2017
- Rate: $149.00
- Online link: Online code MGC.
- Full Campers stay in dorms with counselors and a “dorm mom/nurse.” All meals and ground transportation to/from the rink is included each day. Suggested for skaters 10+ years old.
- 2017 dorm location: Dormitories at Colorado State University. Skaters make roommate requests on the application form.
- 2017 pricing: $1480
Flight & Travel Arrangements
Whether you are flying or driving to Super Camp, G2C recommends you plan to:
- Arrive Sunday between 1 and 4pm, and
- Depart Friday after 3pm
- Elite level campers depart Saturday after 3.
- Optional ground transportation to and from the Denver International Airport can be added to your camp fee for an additional fee.
- 2017 pricing: $100 1 person or $180 for 2 people
Rink & Ground Transportation
- For full campers, camp rate includes bus transport to and from the rink each day.
- Day campers will need to arrange their own transportation to and from the rink each day.
- 2017 rink location: Edora Pool Ice Center- 1801 Riverside Ave, Ft Collins, CO 80525
Registration Deadlines: March 15, 2017 Early Bird, May 15, 2017 Camp Deadline
Elite Camp Extension-Friday, July 14, 1 PM -Saturday, July 15, 1 PM
Elite Camp Extension is taking place at EPIC in Fort Collins, Colorado.
- Registration for Super Campers is $185.
- Full 2017 Super Campers will stay at the CSU Dorms Friday night.
- Skaters attending Elite Camp only $200
- This is an optional add-on for advanced skaters ONLY (must have clean double axel and working triple jumps).
- Criteria for attending is fully rotated 2A OR 9 years old or younger, with all doubles and learning 2A.
- Skaters will have to provide video of required jumps or protocol sheets as part of the registration process
- Limited slots available; first-come, first-served for skaters who meet the criteria.
Coaches! Register here for to be a guest coach at Super Camp and/or Coaches’ Clinic 2017 (this runs concurrently with the Elite Camp Extension July 14-15)
Click here for the registration form for coaches. Use this form to register as a guest coach during the week long G2C Super Camp and for the Coaches’ Clinic July 14th and 15th. Paid registration for week long camp includes free Coaches’ Clinic!
Please register by May 31st.
- Super Camp: Coaches registering for the week of Super Camp will include catered lunches at the rink, access to all on-ice and off ice sessions, camp t-shirt, invitation to annual ping pong tournament, and Coaches’ Clinic on Friday and Saturday.
The G2C Coaches’ Clinic 2017: Friday, July 14, 1 PM -Saturday, July 15, 1 PM PLUS: Dinner with Elite Camp Coaches Friday night. Clinic is taking place at EPIC in Fort Collins, Colorado.
- The G2C Coaches’ Clinic is run in conjunction with the Elite Skaters’ Camp.
- Coaches of all levels are invited to attend.
- Coaches will observe elite skaters and the G2C staff off-ice and on-ice Friday afternoon and Saturday morning, participate in a seminar Friday and attend dinner with G2C staff Friday evening.
- Coaches who have registered and paid for the week of 2017 Super Camp, Coaches’ Clinic attendance is complimentary.
- Registration for Coaches’ Clinic is $50.
Attention all Super Campers! Want to do good and be part of an amazing benefit show at camp? Donate to support Jeremy Barrett and his wife Lucy at this GOFUNDME- https://www.gofundme.com/3oecqww Then send confirmation of your donation to G2C4TeamJL@gmail.com. You will be entered for a chance to be selected to perform in the Tuesday July 11 event along with Ryan Bradley, Mirai Nagasu, Danny Samohin, Madison Hubble and Zach Donohue, Vanessa James and Morgan Cipres, and many more stars. Top two female fundraisers and top male fundraiser are invited to perform! Selections will be announced on July 1, 2017.
Let’s do something powerful to support the Barrett family from the G2C family