Grassroots to Champions 2019 Summer Training Camp
G2C 2019 Training Camp June 14-18, 2019
Prince William Ice Center, Woodbridge, VA
JUST ADDED June 18, 2019 PRIVATE LESSONS ONLY for Camp attendees
This summer, G2C Training Camp will be held in Woodbridge, VA at the Prince William Ice Center. The rink is located close to a variety of places of interest, near Washington, DC, Alexandria, VA, Fairfax, VA and Dale City, VA; there are plenty of family amusements, hotels and shopping malls for a fun and convenient visit.
G2C Training Camp is an intensive week of on- and off-ice training for competitive figure skaters who aspire to develop into elite level competitors and professional performers.
Nationals, family and military discounts available! Contact Shauna Proke for promotional code to use during registration.
This year, G2C Training Camp provides a comprehensive, full-body-and-mind training experience for young skaters who are working on their axel, double jumps and higher jumps, with on-ice and off-ice instruction designed to:
- strengthen performance through working on refining jump techniques, skating skills, edges, off-ice harness and spinner and strength conditioning;
- refine artistry through dance classes, performance skills and body awareness training both on and off the ice; and
- build mental strength & sportsmanship through instruction in sports psychology, leadership, nutrition, competition preparation and more.
We offer two tracks of participation, both include the parent education classes.
- Parent track-
- Topics will include
- perspectives on raising an elite athlete
- sports psychology for parents
- understanding the process of developing skaters and artists
- off-ice training for developing/elite athletes.
- Sessions with technical specialist, a national level judge, Olympic and World level coaches.
- Camp is non-boarding. Skaters and families will find ample accommodations very close to the rink.
- Required minimum jump is an axel and working on double jumps-no minimum age.
- Initial minimum number of private and semi-private lessons are included in registration fee.
- Number of skaters is limited to 70.
- Physical assessments/training recommendations available
- Group and individual consultations with technical specialist Kevin Curtis
- Nationals, family and military discounts available! Contact Shauna Proke for promotional code to use during registration.
Camp Registration Information
registration for camp click here
REGISTRATION IS OPENING SOON! 2019 Training Camp Registration Information Sheet -please download and read this sheet before attempting to complete the online registration form. It is lengthy, but has lots of information about camp, pricing, lessons, schedule, and much more.
Coach Registration-click link to sign up
2019 Training Camp is an Endorsed Educational Event and coaches can receive 16 PSA educational credits for attending. $75 to register and if a coach has 3 or more skaters, then G2C will pick up the tab.
Just Added! G2C Adult Mini Camp June 16, 2019. Registration open
G2C Training Camp Daily Schedule
A typical day at G2C Training Camp starts at 8 AM and skaters are at the rink until 4 PM with many activities, including both on- and off-ice classes, discussions, group numbers, and private lessons, as well as a lunch break and several snack breaks in between.
Skaters are divided into different groups based on age and ability and they move from activity to activity with a counselor.
Private and semi-private on-ice and off-ice lessons are provided during the week and are a key part of G2C training camp. You can request lessons with certain G2C coaches to hone key skills. Requests for lessons are filled by registrations. Requests are not a guarantee of all lessons being with a particular G2C coach. Skaters will have the advantage of working with multiple coaches for a well-rounded camp experience. A minimum number of lessons will be included with the paid tuition for camp.
Get the customized assistance you need as you work with a wide range of industry experts in technical skills, the pole harness, Dartfish and cutting-edge technology, artistry and choreography, and more during the week.
2019 Training Camp Staff-Olympic and World coaches-Audrey Weisiger, Nick Perna, Kalle Strid, Jeremy Allen; International and National coaches-Tommy Steenberg, Chris Conte; spin specialist Charyl Brusch;USOC sports psychologist Caroline Silby; Olympic judge Joe Inman; strength trainer Ram Sharif, technical specialist Kevin Curtis, plus World level skaters as demonstrators and mentors.
Rink, Hotel, and Flight Information
Rink: Prince William Ice Center-5180 Dale Blvd Woodbridge, VA 22193 pwice.com
Airport: Dulles International Airport or Reagan International Airport
The rink is 30 miles from downtown Washington, DC. There are numerous hotel options available within a close proximity of the rink.