Grassroots to Champions 2018 Summer Training Camps
G2C 2018 Training Camp
Hampton Roads Iceplex, Yorktown, Virginia
This coming summer, G2C Training Camps will be held in Hampton Roads, VA at the Hampton Roads Iceplex. Hampton Roads is located near Virginia Beach, Williamsburg and Busch Gardens.
G2C Training Camp is an intensive week of on- and off-ice training for competitive figure skaters who aspire to develop into elite level competitors and professional performers.
This year, G2C Training Camp provides a comprehensive, full-body-and-mind training experience for young skaters who can land their axel or higher jumps, with on-ice and off-ice instruction:
- strengthens performance through working on jump techniques, skating skills, edges, and strength conditioning;
- refines artistry through dance classes, performance skills and body awareness training both on and off the ice; and
- builds mental strength & sportsmanship through instruction in sports psychology, leadership, nutrition, competition preparation and more.
New this year!
- Olympian, Jason Brown and his mother, Marla Brown will be part of training camp this year! G2C is proud to present a premier presentation with Olympian Jason Brown and his mother Marla, as they share their perspectives on his journey from total beginner to National Champion and Olympian. This unique presentation is also part of the G2C Training Camp package.
- Group lessons and semi privates will be available with Jason
- Off-ice presentation Friday afternoon with Jason and Marla.
- Sponsors’ dinner planned Friday night
- Parent track
- Topics will include
- perspectives on raising an elite athlete
- sports psychology for parents
- understanding the process of developing skaters and artists
- off-ice training for developing/elite athletes.
- Sessions with technical specialist, a national level judge, Olympic and World level coaches.
- A special presentation for parents with Marla Brown-mother of Olympian, Jason Brown, is also included for parents.
- Camp is non-boarding. Skaters and families will find ample accommodations very close to the rink.
- Required minimum jump is a clean consistent axel and working on double jumps-no minimum age.
- Initial minimum number of private and semi-private lessons are included in registration fee.
- Number of skaters is limited to 70.
- Physical assessments/training recommendations with trainer Matthew Blair Davis
G2C Training Camp Daily Schedule
A typical day at G2C Training Camp starts at 7 AM and skaters are at the rink until 5-6 PM with many activities, including both on- and off-ice classes, discussions, group numbers, and private lessons, as well as a lunch break and several snack breaks in between.
Skaters are divided into different groups based on age and ability and move from activity to activity with a counselor.
Private and semi-private on-ice and off-ice lessons are provided during the week and are a key part of G2C training camp. You can request lessons with certain G2C coaches to hone key skills. Requests for lessons are filled by registrations. Requests are not a guarantee of all lessons being with a particular G2C coach. Skaters will have the advantage of working with multiple coaches for a well-rounded camp experience. multiple A minimum number of lessons will be included with the paid tuition for camp.
Get the customized assistance you need as you work with a wide range of industry experts in technical skills, the pole harness, Dartfish and cutting-edge technology, artistry and choreography, and more during the week.
Meet our G2C Camp Director, Joy Wells. Joy has been a certified teacher in Texas for 28 years. She’s had 10 years experience as skating director and head coach of her own program, is a ballet instructor (Vagonova method), and has been to every G2C Camp.
You can contact Joy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration for G2C Training Camp will open late November 2017. Keep checking for updates.
Pricing, Travel and Hotel Information Will be Posted When Registration Opens